- How to Brew by John Palmer
- This book’s older edition is available online for free. Great book for starting out and to refer to after you’ve been brewing for awhile.
- Brewing Classic Styles by Jamil Zainasheff and John Palmer
- Many award winning recipes of classic beer styles, this book is a great place to start when crafting your own recipes, too
- Yeast by Jamil Zainasheff and Chris White (of White Labs Yeast)
- Water by John Palmer and Colin Kaminski
- BeerSmith – very popular among homebrewers and there is an Android, iOS, Linux, Mac, and Windows version, so it can be used anywhere.
- MoreBeer – Los Altos. Members get 10% off in store. Helpful staff. Parking can be hit or miss, as can items in stock. Helpful
- Wholefoods -Cupertino. A small selection of yeast and grains, reasonable prices and great opening hours
- Fermentation Settlement – Campbell. Local, slightly higher prices, grains are pre-crushed.
- Beer and Wine markers, San Jose, Knowledgeable owner, good parking, Recommended if you know what you need, not much opportunity to browse